Engaging Copy that Sells -
Bring our growth campaigns to life with stories that sell
ABOUT THE ROLE
Orange Pegs seeks an experienced, motivated, talented, creative copy writer interested in strategic and experimental content campaign contributions.
We have a growth model that is rapidly scaling in the market and need a sometimes-client-facing copy writer for content that spans long-form offers and articles to short-form emails and social media posts.
This is a part-time freelance/consulting opportunity -- for now. We'll give you more work, responsibilities, and money as your contributions land, and we learn what it's like collaborating with you.
Content at Orange Pegs is driven by experimentation. It is IMPERATIVE that you are always writing copy that is as engaging as it is strategic (with respect to our clients' goals).
CRITICAL SOFT SKILLS
- This is team-facing and collaborative, so communication & responsiveness is key
- Sometimes the best way to extract client Subject Matter Expertise is direct contact
- You must be able to leave the ego at home and take constructive feedback in stride
- We LOVE it when our writers contribute to the strategy
- You must be able to adhere to strict deadlines
- Professional freelancer / entrepreneur-types
- Bedside manner
- Copy writing experience in one or more of the following industries:
- Management Consulting
- Legal (Mass Torte, Civil, Class Aaction...)
- Long-form copy (offers, blogs, etc)
- Short-form copy (ads, emails, social media, etc)
- Ideas to contribute
- Experience working in Google Docs, Hubspot, or other marketing automation platforms
- Experience working with project management tools like Basecamp
- Experience creating personas and buyer profiles
- Inbound Certified
During the interview process, you will be asked to provide examples of your work... your role in the strategic process as well as copy written by your hands.
What excites us are campaigns that are thoughtful, beautiful, provocotive, and results-driven. Copy should be written with intent... it should be engaging, and have a purpose tied to it that benefits the readers AND the business publishing it.
OTHER CRITICAL FACTORS
- We are looking for professional consultants
- This role is part-time--we award success with more projects & more $
- The vast majority of our projects are ongoing (4 - 12 months + renewals)
- This position is client-facing
- Presentation and workshop skills are core aspects of this role
- Open to permanent US residents only
- Individuals only (no agencies)
OUR MISSION, VISION, & TECH
We're on a mission to help innovative small businesses DOMINATE their growth goals. We believe that growth comes from a balance of science and art, a dance of numbers and pictures, a marriage of formula and faith...
Orange Pegs can help the way businesses grow and love the way they're doing it. We believe that innovation in growth requires strategy, execution, and an unwavering commitment to culture... and we deliver on all fronts.
Our foundational tech stack includes HubSpot, Basecamp 3, Google Analytics, Slack, Google Drive, Hotjar, SEMrush, and various digital advertising channels.
We are a HubSpot Platinum partner and differentiate from the typical inbound agency in that we apply our growth methodology to the full continuum of sales, not just top-of-funnel objectives like lead generation (although, we do spend a great deal of time there as well). We are driven by a culture of curiosity and experimentation.